Saturday, August 7, 2010

DIVA'S FAVORITE BOOKS

I am an loyal reader of urban fiction. The very first novel I read was Never Die Alone by Donald Goiens (very good). This book sparked a flame in my heart, and it burns brightly for urban lit. Once I completed Never Die Alone, Dopefiend, Whoreson, Swamp Man, and my all time favorite Black Girl Lost followed (all by Donald Goiens). Since then, I've read a plethora of street lit books too many to name. But if you are a urban lit fan like I am, you will enjoy these authors tremendously.

Al-Saddiq Banks: The Block Party Series, Caught Em Slippin, No Exit
K'wan: Gangster, Gutter, Hoodlum, Eve, Street Dreams, The Hood Rat Series
Allison Hobbs: Big Juicy Lips, Double Dippin,Insatiable, The Climax
Ashley & Jaquavis: The Cartel Series, (Anything by Ashley and Jaquavis is very good)
Eric S. Grey: Poundcake
T.N. Baker: Dice
Treasure E. Blue: Keisha and Clyde, Harlem Girl Lost, Flexin & Sexin, A Street Girl Named Desire
Kashamba Williams: Driven, At Courts Mercy, Grimey, Blinded
Aletha & Myles Ramzee: Flippin The Game 1&2
Keith Lee Johnson: Little Black Girl Lost series
Noire: The G Spot, Unzipped, Candy Licker, Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment